И проводит соответствующее исследование.
SMASHWORDS SURVEY HELPS AUTHORS SELL MORE BOOKS
In case you missed it, in May I published my second annual metrics survey.
We sought to answer the following questions:
* Do frequent price changes help authors sell more books?
* Do longer or shorter book titles sell more books?
* Do longer or shorter book descriptions sell more books?
* How do sales develop over time at a retailer, and what factors might spark a breakout?
* Do longer or shorter books sell better?
* What's the average word count for the 60 bestselling Smashwords romance books?
* What does the sales distribution curve look like, and how many books sell well?
* How many words are the bestselling authors selling for a penny?
* What are the most common price points for indie ebooks, and what changed since last year?
* How many more downloads do FREE ebooks get compared to priced ebooks?
* How have Smashwords sales grown at the Apple iBookstore in three years?
* How does price impact unit sales volume?
* What price points yield the greatest overall earnings for authors and publishers?
If you missed the survey, you can download it now at the Smashwords blog:
Избранное блога «Записки электрического автора»: http://www.ermak.su/blog/_blog.htm